Christian Help supports Neighbors Helping Neighbors.
No matter your experience or ability, we have a place for you. Our volunteers come from all walks of life with a shared desire to provide hope for our community.
There are many ways for you to get involved and help your area neighbors. Christian Help will work with your interests and your schedule to find the best fit to partner with us. Please consider some of the options below.
We can always use extra hands to help with our daily operations. Volunteers may help with donation distribution, running food orders, reviewing resumes, helping with data entry, building maintenance or marketing events we have planned. If you have health restrictions that may hinder you from performing certain activities, please note that on your volunteer application.
In The Community
Christian Help relies on the generosity of our volunteers to act, connect and collaborate in service to our community. Personal callings to service are always welcomed.
Another great way to get involved is to serve with friends throughout your life at work, school or any club, such as:
- Make blessing bags with your local church, friends, civil, service or social organization
- Serve as a community partner for a life skill class student
- Help shoppers at the schools during our healthcare or prom pop-up shops
- Assist with the periodic newsletter mailings
- Sponsor or donate product for a core program or event
- Host a food or clothing drive
Christian Help hosts a variety of community events each year and we encourage you to get involved in planning or executing any of these great programs.
Annual countywide activities include the Children’s Consignment Sales, Back-to-School Shopping, Healthcare Clothing Fair, Prom Pop-up Shops and the Holiday Gift Giveaway. We also host an annual FUNdraiser to thank our donors, volunteers, and community-at-large. Everything from planning to execution are options to get involved with these programs.
We welcome individuals or large groups. If you’d like to know more about how you can help with our next event, reach out.
Life Skills Courses
Christian Help offers life skill courses, including the Jobs for Life course, the Personal Finance seminar and Nutrition classes. These programs are only available to our clients as volunteers are able and willing to offer their time and talents to support these educational opportunities.
If you are interested in volunteering for the current life skill courses, below are some of the ways you can help.
- Become a student’s community partner
- Cook a meal for a class
- Conduct mock interviews
- Assist with resume or budget reviews
- Be a helper, or teach a class
- Facilitate a program in a new subject area
- Be a local employment partner for class participant